Apache Kafka Advantage Disadvantage
Let’s have a look on Apache Kafka Advantage Disadvantage.
Kafka has both Strength and weakness, strength improve the popularity and weakness show the way for future enhancement.
Advantage of Apache kafka
* Kafka can handle huge volumes of data and it is highly reliable system, fault tolerant, and scalable.
* It is a distributed publish-subscribe messaging system i.e brokers which makes better compare to other message brokers like JMS, RabbitMQ, and AMQP.
* Kafka can handle high-velocity real-time data unlike JMS, RabbitMQ, and AMQP message brokers.
* Apache Kafka is a highly durable system as the data is persistent and cannot be replicated.
* Kafka can handle messages with very low latency.
* It made access to data for any team becomes easier due to centralized data system.
* Reduces the need for multiple integrations i.e harvest data from different systems, you only have to create one integration with Apache Kafka for each producing system and each consuming system.
* Apache Kafka acts as a buffer so no worry of system crash.
Disadvantage of Apache kafka
* Kafka don’t have complete set of management and monitoring tools, so Startup companies fear to use Kafka for long run.
* It is facing issues with message modification i.e performance is reduced during modification.
* It does not support wildcard (don’t have any particular value) topic selection.
* Compression and de-compression of data flow in the pipeline affects throughput and performance.
* It starts to behaving uncoordinated and slow, when the number of queues in a Kafka cluster increases.
“That’s all about the Advantage and Disadvantage of Apache kafka”