Let understand the Data first. Then Big Data will come into the picture.
Here is the three major evolution in the Data.
1. Traditionally data was generated by just the workers means employees who use to enter the data manually into the system.
2. Second evolution: Now all users are entering the data like creating an account on social media sites, doing WhatsApp and uploading the videos on the sites. previously just employees use to enter the data.
3. Third evolution: Machines are entering the data by own. How machines are coming into the picture. Take an examples, satellites are capturing the earth photography continuously, temperature sensor are sensing and sending the temperature data continuously and now a days, usages of CCTV has increased for personal/official use and bio matrix to capture the human entries. Here could be lot of examples, you can also assume such scenarios.
Did you know that, over the past last decade, there has been an incredible increasing the data in every sector. It is estimated that over more than 3-4 exabyte of data is generated daily from various sources.
Data is digitally increasing day by day. Most of the data is coming from the electronic sources like sensors, desktop/laptop, smartphones and other data transmission device.
We are continuously generating the data, via social media, public transport, GPS, apart form that, do you know how much data is generating through facebook, Twitter, Google and other companies.
Sources of Big Data
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube in every minute and around 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day
- Every second around 6,000 tweets are tweeted on Twitter , which corresponds to over 350,000 tweets sent per minute, 500 million tweets per day and around 200 billion tweets per year.
- Twitter and Facebook generate more than 10 terabytes of data daily.
- NY Stock Exchange generates more than 1 terabyte of data daily.
- Facebook generate around 50,000 likes per second.
- Google process 40,000 queries per second.
Which known as Big Data and it’s just a start.
Other various sources of Big Data:
- Web logs
- Patient record
- Scientific research
- Social media
- RnD Data
Term used to represent data size are:
Exabyte, Zettabyte and Yottabyte are the newly added term’s.